Road trip to Joshua Tree


Advertisement
Published: January 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So i set off with friends by road from San Francisco heading down the highway to Joshua Tree. Stopped at the ghost town of Calico on the way, arriving just in time for the sunset. We then continued further down, so total of 8hrs driving until we got to our travel lodge in Joshua Tree. For those looking for a pleasant budget hotel, this one on 29 palms avenue was definitely to be recommended! Hot tub, large rooms, bathroom, all the goodies and a hot tub and gym!!!! Not bad for 25 dollars per person a night!

Next day we spent the day exploring the wonderland of boulders and amazing scenery in and around Joshua Tree National park. We even saw the San Andreas fault from a view point and down onto the Coachella Valley and Palm Springs. The weather was warm and glorious, so perfect for this outdoor adventure!!! A little accident happened when my friend betty got attacked by very prickly cactus needles. Do not think they are cute and want to get too close to these as they are far from cute when stuck in your leg!!!!! We checked out the saloon bars in town, although it was quite quiet being the xmas holiday period. It was an experience!

After a very short stay, but seen all there was to see in Joshua, we drove back up the coast, contouring LA and then up the highway again to Santa Cruz, or to be more specific the town of Pescadero on the coast, where we stopped to meet up with other friends for a spot of luxury camping. By this i mean, heated beds, with bath robes, hot tub and all the necessary amenities. I could just about cope with this type of camping!

Back to San Francisco and more exploring around the city to North Beach area, the Coit Tower, where we had amazing sunset views over the bay and the golden gate bridge!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0807s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb