Pimp my golf buggy........


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Indio
April 18th 2010
Published: April 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


17th & 18th April 2010
Pimp my golf buggy.....
Onwards from Needles took us to Indio, Palm Springs and the Motorcoach Country Club . The stretches of road were long and straight and cruise control and coffee were all that it took to keep 'drives' happy.

Before we'd even got through the automatic security gates of the MCC, staffed by a guard, we'd had an invite to a Cocktail Party! It was certainly a classy place, a party playground for Motorcoach owners - a golf course, a mile of waterways, a yacht club and a clubhouse. We certainly got the impression that it had a very active social scene. There was people watching a plenty to be had. Most of the owners had at least one golf buggy and some had boats also - their preferred method of people watching was to cruise around in the evening (either by road or river), glass of alchoholic beverage in hand.

We spent a morning moseying around downtown Palm Springs, quieter than epxected but still with a real holiday vibe to the place, and then the rest of our time was enjoyed at the MCC. Each afternoon there we were in the pool, Jack loving throwing himself off the side - let me reassure you that we were there to catch him each time! Then, once the little man was in bed, we'd sit with a beer and people watch ourselves. There were some seriusly 'pimped' golf buggy's on the scene! We saw flames, handmade leather detailing, old car classic frames and off-road suspensions (not exactly sure whether that was required at the MCC, but hey, they probably looked cool!).

Nearly forgot to mention that groceries for the next few days came from a Mexican Supermarket - now that was an incredible shopping experience. Unfortunately we didn't have much time there - I'd have loved to have wondered the ailses looking at all the different ingredients (it was as big as your regular Waitrose), and a Spanish dictionary wouldn't have gone a miss either!.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb