The Shinning Meets 21st Century


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Fresno
June 6th 2009
Published: June 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, this is the second time I've tried to write this entry! I poured my heart into the first one and now we've popped open our second bottle of wine so...ya know. OK. So. We started out waking up at 6 30 READY for the Half Dome climb. We really did try!!!! To our dismay it was pouring down rain and the forecast was not looking good. It was sad, our beloved Half Dome is going to have to wait until our next California adventure. Our feet are swollen and blistered from the night before! Ouuuch! We went back to sleep after realizing this was not going to happen, and woke up later after check out time....oops! Our drive out of Yosemite was sightly, which was no surprise seeing as though all of Cali is the same way. And onto Fresno it was. Our brakes decided they didn't want to participate in the driving of the car anymore so we had to catch a cab to the rental place. This is when we realized we would be catching cabs the rest of the day and night. We also couldn't find a hotel room, they were all booked up. Yeah, it was craziness. So we had a nice Italian dinner and went luggage shopping for all our new belongings that won't fit on the plane. And now it's blog and wine time back at our strange hotel-hence the title of the day. I sure wish my blog from before went through grrrrrrrrrr. Anywho-----Californiaaaaaaaaaaaaa we love you!!!!!!!!!!!! We WILL be back! And hopefully for good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb