Crossing Death Valley through Titus Canyon


Advertisement
Published: December 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Highway 374Highway 374Highway 374

From Beatty NV, one can drive on this nice road all the way to say... Scotty's Castle... However, is not as exciting as going through Titus Canyon...
If you are going to go across Death Valley, say, to visit Scotty's Castle, you could do it through nice roads and make it faster, or, hopefully with a bigger type of car, try it out through Titus Canyon. Your car will bounce and jump and with it you inside it, but the rock formations and the highs and lows you'll see are totally worth it.

Going through Death Valley, Titus Canyon or not, gives you a new respect for the pioneers who hundreds of years ago fought their way through this area with California as their goal. But crossing through Titus Canyon is rough in a 4-wheeler. I can not begin to imagine how anyone could have done it on a wagon.

The pictures below tell you more about it...


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

The road to Titus CanyonThe road to Titus Canyon
The road to Titus Canyon

At a point, which is marked off Hw 374, one can take this much rougher road leading to those mountains, where Titus Canyon is waiting...
Mine entrance in Leadfield, the ghost townMine entrance in Leadfield, the ghost town
Mine entrance in Leadfield, the ghost town

At some point you'll find a ghost town, Leadfield. The story is on an upcoming photo. There is this entrance to a mine and a few once inhabited homes. These people spent only six months here. It must have been the hardest of works to arrive. They must have been terribly disappointed.
LeadfieldLeadfield
Leadfield

Someone, once upon a time full of dreams, lived in this home.
Out of Titus CanyonOut of Titus Canyon
Out of Titus Canyon

35 miles later, you're out once again into the expansive Death Valley... how about one more time through the Canyon?


Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0152s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb