Dana Point to Santa Catalina Island


Advertisement

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Santa Catalina Island


Dana Point Dana Point Dana Point

Ferry to Catalina Island
For our 7 year wedding anniversary we did an overnight trip to Santa Catalina Island. We took a ferry for about an hour and a half from Dana Point. Dana Point is a beautiful place in itself and thriving with activity during the summer. We will have to make another trip out just to experience Dana Point.

On our ferry ride over to Catalina Island we were pleasantly surprised with an amazing dolphin show. We passed by several schools of dolphins and one school decided to ride the ferry wake and follow us for a little while. It was amazing and a highlight of the trip. Especially since all the times we have been out on the water, we have never seen any dolphins.

Arriving in Catalina Island, it was stunning. It was our first trip to the Island together as adults (Bill went to camp on the island as a kid). We could not stop saying how beautiful the island was. It was so colorful with hundreds of boats in the harbor and artistic tiles all over everything.

Our hotel had a lot to be desired but it was fine for one night stay. We were not in the room very much anyway and we were lucky not to have a neighbor who shared our bathroom. Next time we will make sure to get a totally private room and stay a lot longer. Maybe even camp instead.

The main mode of transport is your feet and/or a golf cart and the island offers a lot of things to do... camping, swimming, snorkeling, scuba, boating, shipwrecks, buffalo -yes Buffalo, lots of great places to eat, drink and shop. We only had about half a day to experience the island, so we stayed on our feet, took in the view, ate, drank and were very merry. We LOVED the island and wish we had more time to spend there and more money to experience all there was to offer and we must go back to see the buffalo!


Additional photos below
Photos: 69, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 18; qc: 103; dbt: 0.0936s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb