Drive down Highway 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Big Sur
March 20th 2007
Published: March 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Stanford to Redondo Beach



Stanford to Redondo Beach
Liz Toms
Highway 1 is the greatest highway ever, I do believe. It's so scenic. We left Stanford and eventually got onto the Highway and finally got to see the Pacific Ocean. The weather didn't really clear up until we were a ways into the drive, but it wasn't too much of a hinderance when we were able to stop and take pictures (though it was probably a good thing we weren't planning on spending a long time in any one spot, nor actually stopping in Big Sur for that reason). Driving south, we were able to see the Bixby Bridge, some whales (I was so excited to finally spot some and photograph their migration), and a recreation of The Birds when we stopped and decided to feed the seagulls---there were two birds when we started and about fifty when we left---Hearst Castle, and of course the amazing coast line all along our way. We finally found ourselves in LA later in the night and upon our arrival, relaxed in the hotel that night. I would have liked to have gotten into LA a bit earlier so we could of at least hit the beach; howerver, looking back on the day we actually accomplished a lot. Plus we have two more days here in the City of Angels, so I can't be too disappointed. This trip is shaping up to be ever so great. Enjoy the pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb