Birthday Girls, Yee Haw!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Auburn
March 27th 2006
Published: March 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

The two women in my lifeThe two women in my lifeThe two women in my life

Stacy, my precious daughter, just turned the big 21 and Holly, my wife, soul-mate, friend, confidant and Euro/World travel partner.
On this particular occasion it was Stacys' 21st Birthday (Monday) and Hollys' birthday the very next Wednesday. It all started a couple weeks before, when the phone rang. It was Hugh, Hollys brother.

Hugh thought it would be a good idea if we could get together as one big happy family and celebrate Stacys 21st and Hollys birthdays at Luigi's - a good local Italian restaurant which we both had visited before. We decided to keep it all under wraps and put together a surpise party/family get-together. Hugh and Nicolette would invite Aunt Florence, Jared & Carly while keeping both Stacy and Holly in the dark. "Bloody-good idea" I thought.

I asked Stacy and Holly to reserve the particular evening so that just the three of us could have a small bite together and have a low key celebration amongst ourselves - they agreed.

As the party day approached and my obvious avoidance to answering questions, the like of; Where are we going?, What are we doing?, What time must we be there?; made them both suspicious and they caught on. Being the trooper that I am, MUM was the word of the day. As the questions got
View from our back porchView from our back porchView from our back porch

There's a Pot o' Gold down there, just beyond the trees.
more probing, I tried with a straight face to give false, misleading and open ended answers to their inquiries.

The evening started well enough with the sighting of a beautiful rainbow just outside our back porch - an omen of a good evening to come. "Time to go, we're running late" I said. We got into the car and headed off to the undisclosed location. "How do we get to Arco Arena" I mumbled under my breath. "I got it, we're going to a concert" yelled Stacy. I said "wrong dull person" guess again. Well, this went on till we got to just steps away from Luigi's. They both said "We're going to Luigi's!" and they were right. But the surprise was just inside the door. Where we were greeted, to Stacys and Hollys delight; with a big "Bon Giorno!" from Uncle Hugh and the Talman gang.

They were surprised indeed, and a good time was had by all. We enjoyed a fun evening, great food, wine and lots of family chatter and even a greater amount of Tiramizu.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Stacy and IStacy and I
Stacy and I

Stacy with her #1 Fan.
Stacy and MomStacy and Mom
Stacy and Mom

Two peas in a pod
At Luigi'sAt Luigi's
At Luigi's

Al, Holly, Stacy, Carly, Nicolette and Uncle Hugh
Blow out the candlesBlow out the candles
Blow out the candles

We had the entire Tiramizu cake to ourselves
Al, Stacy and HollyAl, Stacy and Holly
Al, Stacy and Holly

Just the three of us
All in the FamilyAll in the Family
All in the Family

Outside the Ristorante Italiano Luigi's. The Talman-Rodriguez Syndicate


1st April 2006

Happy Birthday to you, two!
We had so much fun at your birthday celebration. Glad you were surprised and hope you had fun, too. We're sad we may not be able to celebrate all our future birthdays, but don't think we'll never be back! As long as you, Florence, and Carly and Jared are here we'll be coming to visit often. And, you'll have a fun place to come on mini vacations (as opposed to Euro-vacations). We'll take you to Catalina on our new boat! Don't worry, we'll keep in touch. We love you guys!

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 23; qc: 103; dbt: 0.1161s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb