30JAN11 - Heard Museum


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona
January 30th 2011
Published: February 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Heard MuseumThe Heard MuseumThe Heard Museum

The entrance to the museum
Slept in this morning 'til about 0900. Bacon and eggs for breakfast. Actually, it was "turkey bacon" and eggs. Interesting. Not sure about the naming because there is no bacon in Turkey Bacon. I think Turkey Bacon is just thin strips of turkey meat. It certainly doesn't taste like bacon.

Just as we're thinking about moving on, we catch an episode of "I Dream of Jeanie" on the TV. It is an episode that neither one of us remembers, so we watch it. It turns out to be a double episode, so we watch the second show as well. It's the one where Tony is sent to some secret location to finish the plans for the new spacecraft, while Dr. Bellows arranges for an agent (who turns out to be a double agent) to impersonate Tony in his absence. Isn't it amazing how much of an engineer Major Nelson was? Once Jeanie had finished we made our way to Heard Museum, which was a 20 minutes drive in towards Phoenix's CBD.

The Heard Museum is a cultural museum showing artifacts and displays of native American culture. The museum has many galleries which are split between natural history displays and pure native artwork, which is also for sale. Boy was it for sale!! $$$$$$! Whilst posting many pictures from the museum may be a tad boring, it was actually quite interesting to look at. We took the tour, on which a very short elderly lady spoke about the various artifacts and the general customs and way of life of the various nations (tribes).

My stupid throat was still playing up, so I suggested some ice-cream, which normally helps cool things down. Well, Heather, not doing anything by halves, takes me to a place called the Cold Stone Creamery. This is the Rolls Royce place for ice-cream. I have something called "The Pie Who Loved Me", which is not a pie, it's ice-cream, which is described as follows; Cheese cake ice-cream, Oreo cookies, Graham Cracker Pie Crust, and fudge. OMG, this was heaven. Not sure what it was doing for the throat, but it was magic on the taste buds. I couldn't even finish it, so we took it back to the RV for dessert.

Back in the RV, dinner was soup and left over ice-cream, followed by a hot chocolate and a nutella bread. (It's been a while since I've had Nutella Bread! Heather remembered!!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb