Day 34


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona
October 16th 2009
Published: October 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

October 16, 2009
Before leaving Las Vegas this morning we drove down “The Strip”. What a ride! I had been to Vegas 30 years ago and at that time it was one narrow road…maybe a mile long. Today…I don’t know what to say. Predictably Donna LOVED the hotels with their incredible entrances and adornments. For me, well, when they finally come from outer space…I want it to be clear…I think it’s NUTS!
Moving along, we arrived at the Hoover Dam. Lake Mead is beautiful and the dam, amazing. We didn’t go on the tour…just looked from one of the turn outs. They’re building a bypass road that goes right over the dam and that partially completed structure was just unbelievable. The temperature at the dam was 94 degrees and the sun was HOT. That talk about “but it’s a dry heat”…it’s H-O-T!!!
After stopping for a quick lunch in Kingman, we drove on and landed in a cute little town called Seligman. The town is all about Route 66 because it starts here! Tomorrow we’re hoping to investigate some of the gift shops. We ate at a local restaurant that offered everything fro seafood (the waitress told us, almost proudly “None of our seafood is fresh”!!!) to Wiener Schnitzel…I kid you not. After eating we made it back to our rooms and went to bed.
I replaced my camera part as you may have guessed since you’re looking at pictures…not the same piece but something I can use…the manager at the EconoLodge in Santa Clara is going to mail my other cord home.
Interesting story…today after we landed John Kennedy agreed to walk down the street and do his and Donna’s laundry…this is true. However, when the dryer took too much time and seriously cut into his cocktail hour, John brought the close home…well…wet. That is why, when he walked into his hotel room a bit later…he found undies, briefs, socks etc. hanging from every available spot. We all deemed this “Bloggable” so the pictures are coming your way (next entry). Donna is quite inventive…kind of like “Little House on the Prairie”...or perhap more to the point... “Big Bloomers on the Blog”!
Today’s Road Lesson: Cocktail hour waits for no man…or laundry!



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb