Grand Canyon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tusayan
March 8th 2009
Published: March 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Check this out Jules!Check this out Jules!Check this out Jules!

What do you think of their salads over here? You are lucky to get 1 tomato and there is no cucumber!
Hi everyone! Well we toured the South Rim of the Grand Canyon - the most scenic place to see it actually. There is a bus service that tours all around the national park and you can get on and off to go on different routes. It is definitely a great place to see the Canyon! The kids got a bit bored after a while just looking at the Canyon. They wanted to go into it. So we got a bus over to the South Kaibab trail and we walked into the Canyon to a place called "Ooh Ahh Point". The track was so narrow and you could easily fall into the Canyon if you weren't careful. At first, the trail was covered in mule poo and snow so it was very hard not to slip because you didn't want to end up in the poo!

Rob and Hayden were off and Ashleigh and I took our time behind as I wanted to take a million photos (as you do). We were having such a great time on the track looking at the beautiful scenery. It got quite windy at times and there was heaps of sand blowing around. Well Hayden
Grand CanyonGrand CanyonGrand Canyon

Hayden at one of the many lookouts.
didn't want to go any longer and so Rob and Ash went on to the lookout (about 5 mins more). Hayden was complaining of sore legs. Going up the track was much easier and it was good to get some exercise after our long trip yesterday in the car.

We went back in the evening to the park to take some photos of sunset. It was bloody freezing! Rob only had a t-shirt and jumper on!

The place we are staying at is really nice and the kids are loving having the buffet breakfasts. Hayden loves being able to choose what he wants and loves using all the machines - like the drink machines, the cereal dispensers etc. He also loves the automatic paper dispensers at the toilets. He thinks it's great that you just have to wave your hand in front and the paper comes out.

Speaking of the kids, they are having a ball. Each night they are writing in their journals. We want them to always remember this trip. We stayed here for two nights and then drove to Las Vegas.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Rob, Ash and HaydenRob, Ash and Hayden
Rob, Ash and Hayden

Don't know how Rob got around in shorts!
HaydenHayden
Hayden

Hayden is looking up at the South Kaibab track we have just walked down on. He was tired here.
Back at the topBack at the top
Back at the top

This is us at the end of our hike.
South Kaibab TrailSouth Kaibab Trail
South Kaibab Trail

This is the trail that we walked on - although to get to these parts it would take you all day. This is a view from a lookout that I just zoomed in on.
Sunset at the Grand CanyonSunset at the Grand Canyon
Sunset at the Grand Canyon

We didn't stay out too long as it was soooo cold!


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1013s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb