Tucson Desert Museum


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tucson
December 24th 2012
Published: December 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

Not too much to tell, but I do have a few pictures to show you. On Wednesday last, we went to the 'Desert Museum' in Tucson. There was a chill in the air and a very brisk (cold) breeze. We arrived early and there were only a few cars in the parking lot. We went in (and I guess) due to the lack of visitors at that time, we had a personal guide for about the first hour. We learned a lot. The animals are outdoors in their natural habitats and some were reluctant to come out in the cold. Hope you enjoy the pics!

Merry Christmas! Tomorrow I will be baking pumpkin/spice muffins and making pasta salad for our neighbors Christmas Eve party....and Tuesday, we will have Christmas dinner in the clubhouse, it will be a nice social event. Would much rather spend the holidays with my family......but at least we will not be alone (like last Christmas).

Linda


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Sonorasaurus legSonorasaurus leg
Sonorasaurus leg

found in the desert....this is just the leg!! Tucson is in the Sonora desert.
fish in a desert steamfish in a desert steam
fish in a desert steam

I never would have guessed that there are fish in Arizona...but there are......
fruits of the cactusfruits of the cactus
fruits of the cactus

they look like tiny pineapples and are told that they are really sweet tasting.
JavelinasJavelinas
Javelinas

believe it or not....they are NOT related to pigs!! I am told these run through the RV park and even will go under the RV's at night. We have never seen them in the RV park...although...we DO hear occasional 'thumps' outside our RV at night.....


Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb