Ruckin' for Vets


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tucson
April 10th 2010
Published: July 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We joined 400-some people for a hike. Among them were military, fellow veterans, firefighters, swat team, Raytheon employees, family members and friends, young & old. All were united on a sunny, early Saturday morning to hike to Bridal Wreath Falls in the Rincon Mountains in support of the Wounded Warrior Project. Before we all started the hike, a bagpipe player & the Color Guard did the opening ceremony with the National Anthem.

We've done this hike before (&when water was actually spilling over the falls), but had never seen this many people on the trail and it was quite inspiring! The trail of people continued on for what seemed an eternity along the 5.2mile trek to and from the falls. Despite the heat and blazing sun, everyone seemed in good spirits yet eager to finish the hike before the sun rose directly above. About half way through the hike, a team of helicopters from D-M Air Force Base flew through the valley, circled over us and though I couldn't see anyone in the chopper, I felt as though they were all giving us thumbs up.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

helicoptershelicopters
helicopters

horrible camera spots:(


2nd July 2010

Love It !

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb