Sedona Red Rocks


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Sedona
March 12th 2011
Published: March 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Last Tuesday, we departed Mesa for a two night photo safari to Sedona, Arizona.

We decided to go mid-week to avoid the weekend crowds and more expensive lodging rates.

Our friend Dave who lives in Chandler, AZ, emailed us a list of pet friendly lodgings in Sedona. We chose the Best Western Inn in west Sedona.

So, Tuesday afternoon before checking into the BW, we made photo stops at scenic outlooks near Village of Oak Creek, south of Sedona; Bell Rock, the Indian Cliffs and Cathedral Rocks. We also drive to the Sedona airport and made a panorama photo of the Thunder Mountain area.

Later that afternoon, when we checked in at the Best Western, my jaw dropped when we entered the outdoor terrace where our room was located. The view of the red rocks of Sedona was glorious.

On Wednesday, we made a day trip to Flagstaff via Oak Creek Canyon. We wanted to scope Flagstaff as a possible summer destination, realizing that it is too cold for us in the winter to visit with our 5th wheel.

Thursday morning, we made more photos before heading back to Mesa. It was a very rewarding trip. When we arrived at Val Vista RV Resort, the temp had climbed to 88 degrees. What’s this about? I went online and looked at the weather conditions at the homestead, and immediately felt good about the warmer temperature in Mesa.

Stay tuned,

Paddy




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



12th March 2011

thanks
Boy does Nancy look like she is kickin' back and enjoying this! Beautiful there this time of year. Can't wait to see the panorama shots Paddy. Enjoy yourself. Lemon
12th March 2011

Luck of the Irish
Pat & Nancy: Terrific views from the BW----I always forget that Arizona can be awesome and need your pictures to remind me. good Job!!! Tom D PS: Pat, I will be making corned beef & red cabbage for THE DAY and know you will not object to an old kraut joining in the St. Patrick's Day celebration!!!
12th March 2011

Sedona Red Rocks Series quite nice...
enjoyed this recent series immensely, Paddy me lad. Thanks for sending the link along. Now, what's it gonna take for me to talk you into trying some HDR's, huh? Be safe on your many road adventures! Your photo compadre, from the Bitterroots themselves, Rick

Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 86; dbt: 0.1134s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb