Aye Aye Arizonaaaa


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Phoenix
January 20th 2008
Published: January 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

BreakfastBreakfastBreakfast

Mmmmmm
I think i eat too much yesterday as i felt a little icky and it took a little while to sleep, but eventually after watching the discovery channel for a while about making jelly beans, i managed to nod off and then i woke up about 8am and so i showered and shaved and watched some tv and then went over and knocked for Deb and she was up and had breakfast already.

I checked with Deb were to go and headed off to grab some breakfast, they have a choose the filling omlette which was cool and some i filled a bowl with veggies and had cheese with it and a slice of french toast and then followed by a plate of fruit, a muffin, a yogurt and apple juice, so i had quite a small breakfast.....lol.

I headed back over to Deb and we loaded my stuff and i checked out and Deb is there till Monday, we took a short drive to were Deb use to live as she grew up in Phoenix and alot has changed and alot of retail outlets are around and were her old home use to be as mainly hispanic area
debdebdeb

Deb
now.

We then drove over to the swapmart which is a big indoor flea market type of thing, Deb got some bamboo and i looked for a cowboy hat, well you know when in rome.....lol, i was however tempted to get a laptop as the was one for $487 which is about 260-270 pounds, but then it would seriously dent my budget. I got a cowboy hat for $6 (made in china on the label...lol) and Deb got her Bamboo and we then headed off towards the CS (couchsurfing) meet up.

On the way Deb stopped to buy pies and then some barbecue stuff and again i offered to pay but she wouldnt let me, we got to the park were the meet up was happening and we were not sure were to go as its a big park. Larry my future host called and we eventually found were they were all sat.

The was a whole bunch of CSers and we chat and eat and then this one girl Jill who has traveled around for a year just recently and a Taiwanese guy john decided to go on a pedalo and i decided to join them
DebDebDeb

Deb
and we headed off to the other end of the park and it $14 for half an hour and you got 6 dollars back as that was a depoist, it was good fun and fornunately neither of us fell in as the water looked decidley skanky.....lol.

We got back to the jetty and Larry was there and he was heading out on a pedalo with his kids Jacob,justin and jayda, we got back to the table and Deb had gone leaving my stuff at the table and gradually everyone left and the was me, larry and his partner Trisha, the Kids, Julie and a late comer Dave and guy called Breakfast.....................lol.

We played frisbee for a while and it was great wearing a tshirt and shades instead of freezing my butt off and so Arizona does have some good plus points other than the scenery....hehe.

We then headed back to Trishas place and Larry is still unpacking some the are alot of boxes around, Larry has some surf boards and a cool snowboard and he is a really chilled guy, i was shown my room and i dumped my kit, The was then like a follow on
SwapmartSwapmartSwapmart

Swapmart
party from the earlier meet and some of the earlier CSers came over and we had drinks and chatted and Julie makes a nice Mojito.

Larry has a mcaw called corona and i got to hold her which was cool, she is only 4 months old and she kept trying to eat my beads. Dave came over as after the earlier meet he went to a softball game, the kids were in bed and we drank and fooled around and me and Dave pretended to be Gorillas which was funny.

We then went watchea movie by robert rodigeuz called planet terror, it was a zombie film and so funny we were in stiches as it was so gruetesuly unreal that it was downright funny and afterwards we watched the first jack ass movie and we were cracking up. We all eventually headed to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

ParkPark
Park

Park
Cs MeetCs Meet
Cs Meet

Cs Meet
Cs MeetCs Meet
Cs Meet

Cs Meet
Cs MeetCs Meet
Cs Meet

Cs Meet
Cs MeetCs Meet
Cs Meet

Cs Meet
Cs MeetCs Meet
Cs Meet

Cs Meet
Cs MeetCs Meet
Cs Meet

Cs Meet
Cs MeetCs Meet
Cs Meet

Cs Meet
Cs MeetCs Meet
Cs Meet

Cs Meet
Cs MeetCs Meet
Cs Meet

Cs Meet
Cs MeetCs Meet
Cs Meet

Cs Meet
Cs MeetCs Meet
Cs Meet

Cs Meet
Cs MeetCs Meet
Cs Meet

Cs Meet
Cs MeetCs Meet
Cs Meet

Cs Meet
Cs MeetCs Meet
Cs Meet

Cs Meet


12th February 2008

Where is the flee market?
I'd like to add it to phx411.com
12th February 2008

Where Is The Flea Market
I can Not Remember but i will email my host/friend larry when i get chance and get back to you Thx Mike

Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.1252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb