St Patrick's Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Patagonia
March 17th 2020
Published: March 24th 2020
Edit Blog Post

blog 03-17-20 St Patrick's Day

There was an appointment on the books for this morning for between 8 am and noon so I had to get up and going just in case they showed up at the first hour. As time dragged on I decided to sweep out the camper. Well one thing let to another and before long I was washing the cabinets and scrubbing the floor. The repair man didn't show up until 11:45. It was Safelite coming to repair the chip in my windshield in the car. The fellow was very pleasant and had the repair done in under 1/2 an hour and was off to his next job. They need to hire a helicopter for him,his territory is so big.

Watson and I headed out for his walk and my exploring of the park. The weather was gorgeous, sunny and mid 70's so everyone was out and about. The campground was packed with every site filled and even the day use areas were full of people enjoying the outdoors.

We walked down to the lake and watched the coots, ducks, herons and vultures and the paddlers, and motor boaters. Pretty scene especially here in the desert. We walked past full picnic tables then to the visitor's center to watch the hummers at the feeders and assorted other birds. There is a pond mainly for the birds with a bench to sit and watch, and 2 benches down by the lake to sit and enjoy the water and wildlife.

We took the long way around to go home and by the time we got there we were both tired and in need of a drink and lunch.

After a little rest in my lounge chair I put Watson in the camper and got my camera and lens and headed for the visitor's center and the hummer show. The main performers today were the broad billed hummingbirds and they were very entertaining. Pictures

The seed feeders had red-winged black birds, pine sisken, lesser gold finch, house finch, pyrrhuloxia, sparrows, a mallard and grackles. I talked to several birders and they told me about 2 places to go to watch birds, one here in the park and the other in Patagonia about 10 miles up the road.

By the time I got back home it our dinner time and Watson sure was ready. We ate then I went for a shower in the wash house then came back and put a movie in that I had borrowed from the visitor's center. They have DVD s and books to borrow all on the honor system. It was called "Safe House" and surely not a movie to put you to sleep, so action packed. Fun day..

There are 37 pictures with this posting so be sure to scroll all the way down. Click on the picture, it will enlarge


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb