Saguaro National Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Oro Valley
July 24th 2010
Published: July 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today has been very relaxing and very beautiful. I had the best sleep in a very long time last night - straight through with absolutely no work anxiety and no tossing and turning!!



The morning started with a workout and cup of coffee. At 6:30 am it was already well into the 90s....but there were plenty of people already playing the golf course. Perhaps to beat the heat.



We visited Saguaro National Park, right outside of Tucson. After a very winding drive, we arrived at the park station. Our annual national park pass doesn't expire until September this year - so all the best parts of our vacation are FREE!! Saguaro National Park has an eight mile drive through an amazing cactus forest. Tall saguaros, bright pink cactus pears and a bright, hot sun dominated the landscape. What was so amazing was the blue, blue sky and billowing, cotton candy clouds, framing the parched earth. It was absolute solitude.



We also visited Thunder Canyon Brewery () and ate the hottest wings I have ever had in my life. They had a range of flavors: hurricane, tornado, natural disaster. I tried the Orange U Glad and Sandstone Cream Ale. Jim had the Windstorm Wheat. After that, we ran a couple of errands preparing for our drive tomorrow - gas and water - as we get ready to head on to El Paso, Texas.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYLOR!!
We spoke with Taylor as she was awaiting the start of her 3rd birthday party. Hope she had a really fun day!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



25th July 2010

What a drive!
Unbelievably beautiful day! Now it's off to El Paso...

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb