Lost in El Paso, Texas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » El Paso
July 25th 2010
Published: July 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Leo's Mexican RestaurantLeo's Mexican RestaurantLeo's Mexican Restaurant

Very BIG Margarita!!
So not the most significantly eventful day of our trip - but fun nevertheless!



We got up early to head out of Oro Valley, Arizona - heading to our first day "deep in the heart of Texas". OK, not so deep. Just over the border of New Mexico in El Paso. Jim continues to be my hero in the driving department!! 350 miles with only one stop in a sleepy town of Deming, New Mexico to gas up.



We rerouted at the last minute due to the cautionary tales of El Paso and violence, but found El Paso to be perfectly safe and welcoming. We didn't stay very close to the border and didn't venture to close to downtown at any point today.



After unpacking, we headed to Leo's Mexican Restaurant for our first and only meal for the day. Perfect and well worth the wait! We had an amazing meal and really big margaritas.



After that - a long soak in the hotel jacuzzi and swim in the hotel pool!


We also ventured to the VERY popular Walmart SuperStore. Typically, we avoid Walmart on principle, but
Seriously?  Walmart??Seriously?  Walmart??Seriously? Walmart??

Couldn't resist riding a bike down the aisle of Wamart
this stop was for scientific research, really.


We wandered the aisles and people watched. I rode a bicycle down the aisle and was stopped by a salesperson interested in making a sale. Jim felt it only apropos that we would munch on cheeseburgers as we strolled the aisles - and so we did.


Tomorrow is the longest drive of our entire trip - El Paso to Austin. Texas is amazing and beautiful so far. Can't wait to see more!


Blissfully, Dena




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Seriously?  Walmart??Seriously?  Walmart??
Seriously? Walmart??

Right before I got caught by the overzealous salesperson.
As long as we are in Walmart...As long as we are in Walmart...
As long as we are in Walmart...

Why not a cheeseburger from McDonalds?


26th July 2010

scientific?
Hmmmm.....please do tell......where is the science in this???? Now, I'm all for people-watching, particularly when it involves Wal-Mart, where the watchin' is oh-so-tasty......but what is your hypothesis, and where is your control group, and just what sorts of experiments are you conducting???????
1st August 2010

Hello
Lol....I am from El Paso originally and it SUCKS!!!! But the rest of Texas is cool, have fun! Esp San Antonio....awesome city!

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb