Grand Canyon, Az 2016


Advertisement
Published: January 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

It's my 26th Birthday! Celebrating in style with another road trip! This time our destination is the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.
We set out early Thursday November 18th at 3:00am we made a stop at the Grand Canyon Caverns! A must see! One of the worlds rare dry caverns. We took an elevator deep down into the cavern about 250feet. They took us to each part of the cavern and explained the unique history! We loved every minute of it! We arrived at our hotel right outside the entrance of the national park at about 1:00pm We stayed at The Grand. It is a beautiful hotel with shops and a steak house that is to die for! It's also located in the center of a small town with many stores and restaurants. There are a few other hotels and a bowling alley. We went into the park and paid $30.00 for a 7 day pass. Even though we only planned to be there for the weekend the pass they sell is for 7 days. When we arrived we parked near one of the bigger lodges in the park and justin guided me to the rim of the canyon. He had been there once as a kid and remembers most of that trip so he was excited to share that experience with me. He led me to the rim with my eyes closed. When I opened my eyes my breath was taken away by the beautiful view. There is really no good way to describe what you see. This national park also uses the shuttle system so we jumped on the shuttle up to the end on the line. We got out at hermits point. And we hiked the rim back to town a few miles.When we were tired we hiked to the nearest shuttle stop and took the shuttle back to our car. We went back to the hotel and ate cheese and crackers for dinner. The Grand is a large hotel. We paid about 114.00 a. Ugh this which seemed like a great deal for how close it was to the park without being inside of the park. The rooms are small and basic but very up to date. We were a little bummed that our patio faced a brick wall. We had no view whatsoever. The lobby made up for it with a large fireplace and decorated for Christmas with a tree and presents all over. I loved the hotel for the price we payed. We got the deal on Expedia.com. I wouldn't pay more then about 130.00 for this room. If the price was higher I would have rather been inside of the park.The town is a sleepy town so after dark there isn't much to do. We went to the bar inside of our hotel at about 8pm. We stayed and drank and flirted with eachother until they closed at 11. It's important to connect with your spouse. I know you can say we haven't been married for long, so people always tell us our lust will go away but we share a very strong bond. We have been together for 8 years and have been through a lot. This trip was very important to us and much needed after losing our second pregnancy a few weeks before. We have so much to be thankful for and the number one thing is eachother! Sitting at that bar, we were able to drown out the rest of the world and talk like we had just met. Not to mention the friendly bar tender that made us feel welcome and told us all about her move to Arizona just two weeks before. We spent the whole next day hiking the rim and even went off the rim a bit for a short hike down the canyon. We ended the night with an amazing steak dinner at the hotel I had a filet and he had a New York strip. Both came with yummy potatoes and veggies. We both had a cocktail and spent about $95.00 which is expected for a steak dinner and drinks. The portions were large so it was worth every penny. We went back to the park for a sunset view. We sat in a cozy spot and watched people with their families pass by. We held eachother and shared the most memorable moments. I will never forget this trip that helped heal our hearts.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb