Grand Canyon_Sedona and Hoover Dam


Advertisement
Published: December 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The Grand Canyon is ENORMOUS!. It is a surreal experience to sit and stare and ponder the enormity of this place. It stretches on further than the eye can see, and is deeper than you could ever imagine. And the colours are amazingly beautiful. They also change with the time of day and weather conditions.

We stayed at the Maswick Lodge which was basic but fine for us. Day 2 we went for a short way along the Bright Angel track and then continued on to the Visitors Centre which seemed close but actually took the whole afternoon with all the stops for views and museums etc. There was the great Hopi House whcih is a reconstructed native american house where I bought a souvenir and a geology museum and of course the centre itself. All good but nothing beats the view at the edge of the canyon.

Near our lodge we saw elk and deer. That was really special.



On the way to the canyon we stopped off for an American 50's lunch as Mr D's Route 66 Diner. The girls ordered fries and sundaes. The place was quaint and cute with lots of 50's memorabilia. Very cool.

On the way back to Vegas from the canyon we stopped off at Sedona and also Hoover Dam. The dam was built during the depression as a way to create jobs. It's certainly awe-inspiring and dizzying to look down at.

Photos show these places better than I could describe them.




Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb