Day 10 7/06/2014


Advertisement
Published: July 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today we revisited all of the vistas we saw yesterday, but in the morning light, plus Encantada andWalhalla Overlook. Had lunch at Grand Canyon Lodge with a fantastic view of the north rim. While we were eating a storm moved through with rain and hail. This the monsoon season, therefore there is rain almost daily, but generally doesn't last long.

Drove back to RV park on forestry roads. Wildlife was abundant all along the route back to the campground. We spotted at least 6 mule deer, 3 rabbits, 2 Kaibab squirrels, also know as "Silver Ghost of the North Rim" because of its silver tail, 20+ chipmunks, wild turkey, and a very quick glimpse of a mountain lion. This is open range country therefore cattle was all along the way in the forest.

After only a couple of days I already know that I enjoy the north rim much more than the south rim. The vistas seem much greater with more color and much less congestion. You are actually able to drive your own vehicle to the overlooks, and do not feel like cattle herded on and off buses.


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb