Day 10, Contiki day 4


Advertisement
Published: December 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Temp: -2 degrees

Call time to bus, 8am. We decided to go to breakfast at around 7.30. Then we were off to the Airport for our helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon. When we arrived we were told we were on a weather hold, and we wouldnt know if we could fly till 10am. so back to the camp site we went. Then next few hours were just basacally killing time till we found out. Monty our tour guide found us at 10 am and told us we were booked in to fly at 2 and 3pm. So at 1.30 we made our way back to the airport. After weigh in and a bit of waiting around we were split into groups based on weight and were ushered to our helicopter! Katherine was lucky enought to get the front seat and i was at the back on the side, so my seat was good too. Our flight went for 45 minutes, and to say it was breathtaking wouldnt give it justice. I get motion sickness tho so I wasnt feeling the best, plus i had started to worry that we might crash and i just started to freak myself out more and more. However we made it back fine and with some amazing photos to boot! It was an amazing expierence, one like no other, and one we will never forget.

We then made our way back to the hotel, where we stoped by the general store for some suplies for the night ahead. Then back to our rooms to shower and rest before dinner. At about 6.30 we made our way to the Pizza Pub where we had pizza and beer with Natalie and Lisa. Then we headed to a 'room party' a group of people on our tour were having. It was allot of fun and we got to know some people we hadnt spoken to yet. I was very tired so i went to bed about 11pm, tomorrow we were heading to Cortez Colorado, a 7 hour drive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



19th December 2012

photos
The photos are great unreal the white camera is tha the one thats taking alot of photos because it does a great job. How about how close you get to the edge I would be so worried I would fall, if its windy again this is unreal thanks for the blog its like you are there cheers girls love mum xx

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb