Las Vegas to Grand Canyon


Advertisement
Published: September 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Another big driving day for us as we travelled from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon. After a last go at the The Orleans Breakfast Buffet, and another quick stop at the outlet mall (where Brett and I had a turn shopping) we headed off, stopping at The Hoover Dam on the way. A pretty amazing feat of engineering, though I think Brett as an ex-surveyor appreciated the finer details more than the female members of the Hjorth clan. We have decided that Americans do everything big - from dams, to valleys and national parks, meals and vehicles, and as we found out today, canyons. We have all seen pictures of the Grand Canyon before but absolutely nothing can prepare you for your first glimpse over the rim. Absolutely breath-taking, and words nor photos can do it justice. We arrived in time to catch the sunset (only just though due to us not really leaving Vegas until around midday) which we watched from Mather Point. Perfect weather so we were very lucky. Can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



14th September 2012

BIG American style
You are right the yanks like everything big.... You seen the size of some of those BIG arses.... Huge, i guess goes with those buffet breakfasts.... All good though. Please add my comments.... Ha ha.
15th September 2012

I'm off to L.A. tonight.
Was just closing my suitcase and checked Air NZ to discover my flight is delayed 3 1/5 hrs. Gives me time to catch up on your travels. Aren't you just having a wonderful time. Jan sent our 'schedule of things we're doing' yesterday - it's 2 pages long. Will be coming home for a rest. Enjoy! love, Judy (and Rob - who is green with envy as he's staying home)

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb