Road Trippin in the Norway-mobile


Advertisement
Published: September 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Last Night in VegasLast Night in VegasLast Night in Vegas

Tall Martin, Carin, Liv Marie, me and Mike
So after a sad good bye to Brian in the Venice Beach carpark, Carin and I joined Liv Marie, Tall Martin and Mike for our trip out west, first stop Las Vegas.

Las Vegas.... what can I say? after driving through the desert for hours, Vegas appeared over the horizon, a glowing mecca, its bright lights guiding us back to civilisation (or a very colourful form of it).

Vegas is like Disneyland for adults. It has all the bright lights and glamorous facades that one sees in Disneyland, and like Disneyland when you look behind the curtain you realise the whole place is a facade - it has no soul. But, dang, it´s fun! We danced all night, mostly at Studio 54, and then ended up at the Bulargio to watch the sunrise over the artificial lake.

Were tempted to stay, but after my tragic loss (of $0.15) we thought it was best to move on to the Grand Canyon.

I had been rather skeptical about the idea of going to the Grand Canyon - the thought of drivivng six hours through the desert to see a hole had struck me as being kind of odd, but the group was keen, and the grand canyon is one of those "you have to go see ..." places.

Having now been there, I can officially say that the Grand Canyon if officially the biggest hole I have ever seen in my life. It is SPECTACULAR. We walked down and just stood in awe. And yes, now I am another advocate of the "you have to go see the Grand Canyon" campaign.

After clambering out we were back on the road again. Along the way we figured we should stop for a quick break and check out the sand dunes. As luck would have it we met two blokes who were there for a weekend and kindly offered to take us for a ride on their dunebuggies - it was good fun!

Final destination: San Diego. Met up with Dave and his mates at the beach and spent 2 fun filled days of laying in the sun, seeing Sea World and hanging out with Tim. My last night in California was spent on the beach in San Diego, chilling with friends - a great end to the trip. 8am the next morning I was on the plane
Grand CanyonGrand CanyonGrand Canyon

Dad, I dug a hole
to the big apple.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Grand CanyonGrand Canyon
Grand Canyon

making it out alive
San DiegoSan Diego
San Diego

At Dave´s place
San DiegoSan Diego
San Diego

At Dave´s place


Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0168s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb