Comings & Goings


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Gilbert
April 14th 2008
Published: April 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Apache Trail


Hi all,

Well Rosie's visit (Ginnie's mum) has come and gone and Ginnie is now en route to Argentina for a visit with her family. As I write she is in the air on her way to Dallas, to connect through to Buenos Aires. Her flight was delayed leaving PHX, so we're hoping she has time to make her connection - hopefully she'll have about 30 mins, she was meant to have 90 mins!

Anyway, Ginnie is away until May 1st and I'm sure she will post some pics and a blog from Patagonia when she gets back. In the meantime, Andy, a good friend of mine from Bristol, is coming out to keep me company whilst Ginnie is away. Andy came out to see us last year and obviously enjoyed himself as he's making a return visit...

Here are some pics from Rosie's visit - I don't have too many on my pc, Ginnie has most of them, but thought you'd like to see a few. Ginnie and her mum took a trip to Sedona and the Grand Canyon for a few days, and Ginnie will need to post those pics. Most of these are from a
Ginnie, Rosie & MaverickGinnie, Rosie & MaverickGinnie, Rosie & Maverick

At a Creek on the Apache Trail
day trip we took up the Apache trail; a beautifully scenic drive up on an old dust road past a couple of lakes out in the desert wilderness - we took Maverick with us and he enjoyed his first dip in a river!! Next step the pool!

Anyway - love to everyone.

Late update...
PS - Spoke to Ginnie as she arrived in Dallas - the airline picked her up at the plane door in Dallas and drove her across the tarmac to get her on the connection to BA - just like a movie star! And it sounds like she had an empty seat next to her too as they had closed the doors when we hung up! So on schedule and hurtling south at 500mph as I write...


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Off into the WildernessOff into the Wilderness
Off into the Wilderness

Rosie, come back!
A new breed!A new breed!
A new breed!

The English Shepherd Dog
Not Sure about this!Not Sure about this!
Not Sure about this!

First steps into water were a little confusing!
Why can't I breathe?Why can't I breathe?
Why can't I breathe?

Soon gets the hang of it!


15th April 2008

Wow!
While wandering off, I saw that the Cottonwood tree, a kind of aspen with a soft cottony seed, had remnants of what the creek had brought down in its last flood. The height of my hand shows where the water reached. Glad we saw it at its low level!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb