Lawn Bowling at Palm Creek


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Casa Grande
January 7th 2012
Published: January 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Lawn Bowling at Palm Creek

The new year has arrived and we are thriving at Palm Creek Golf and RV Resort in Casa Grande, Arizona.

Nan’s birthday was January 3, and we celebrated with a savory dinner at her favorite Mexican restaurant.

I’ve earned two of the new 1012 championship “mugs” for lawn bowling.

Feeling feisty in her 69th year, Nan signed up for lawn bowling lessons. After lessons and an extra day practice session, she signed up for competitive play the afternoon of Friday, January 06.

Nan has stepped up to lawn bowling so that I will have a partner in the mixed doubles tournament to be held in a couple of weeks. How sweet is that?

Early next week, I’ve arranged to have the 5th wheel washed down, polished and spruced. We don’t want to look like vagabonds when we hitch up and head to Tucson on February 1.

Did I tell you that they have Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream in Arizona? You Texas friends and family take this for granted. It is such a special treat when we snowbird to Arizona from home. They don’t know what real ice cream tastes like in the Pacific Northwest.

See you down the road!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.305s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 83; dbt: 0.1407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb