Cactus Foto Phun


Advertisement
Published: April 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Some final photos from Apache Junction, Arizona - Lost Dutchman State Park -

The region we came from a few hours south and this region we're in now....is the hottest / driest location on the continent. Summer daytime temps average over 100 degrees and this region gets 7-12 inches of rain PER YEAR. Despite this, the ground is covered with adapted plants, it seems almost too plush considering the little rain the area gets.

The first set of pictures.....A series id like to call 'Good Night Cacti' show my fun with the cactus silhouettes and the setting sun.

The second set of pics is a series from my hike up to the local high point via the Siphon Draw Trail up to about 5,100 ft (starting at only 2,080ft) big vertical gain over a three mile trail, very steep, made me feel out of shape, took me the better part of two hours to go three miles...lots of scrambling (climbing on all fours, using your hands)....and a few photo stops. Once at the top the views were amazing, pictures dont do the distance and height justice. I spent quite a bit of time at the top exploring and taking pics of the local desert flora in bloom....very colorful if you take the time to look....i call this series 'Colorful Desert'



Enjoy

JP


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Creepy ComboCreepy Combo
Creepy Combo

I came upon this pair taking some of these sunset photos. At first i thought the hairy spider was towing the big bug, but the big ass bug was towing the spider. Makes me quiver...hairy spiders and all...
City LightsCity Lights
City Lights

Phoenix in the distance.


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb