Full Day at Sea


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska
August 12th 2012
Published: August 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we are at sea which gives us an opportunity to explore the ship. After breakfast we stumbled upon the tail end of a Zumba class which we observed before continuing on. Next, we stumbled upon a tour guide who was giving a tour of the ship which we joined in progress. She took us to the top floor (The Skywalker’s Nightclub) then down to the fitness center, explained about the activities on board including children’s activities, and told us about Michael Modzelewski, celebrated Naturalist and author. We attended Michael’s presentation which was a preview of what to see during our cruise. During the rest of the afternoon we stopped by the art auction, watched a fruit carving demonstration, and just generally walked around getting acquainted with the ship’s elevator system.

This evening is one of two formal dining nights. When dining in the main restaurants, formal attire is required including jackets for the men. It reminded me of a prom with formal portraits being taken prior to entrance into the restaurant and champagne being served. It was a very festive atmosphere. When dining regardless of whether it is formal or not, the waiters pull out our chairs for us and place napkins in our lap and are right there if we need them. We are made to feel very special and the wait staff are very professional and want to help us in any way they can. It is very impressive.

After dinner we changed clothes and went to see comic, Jim McDonald, from the Late Show with David Letterman. We had a few good laughs. After this we wanted to go to the Skywalker’s Nightclub to hear some 70’s disco music, but were too late for that but stayed for Rock the Floor Party. Next on the agenda was a stop at the casino before calling it a day. Tomorrow is Juneau—weather is looking a little iffy. Looks like it is starting to rain.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb