Waterton to Pincher Creek to Bow Valley


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska
June 26th 2007
Published: June 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 We left our campsite by 8:00 am, and headed to Pincher Creek where there was a Wal-Mart. Pincher Creek is a small town in Alberta, Canada about 90 minutes from Calgary. We knew today was going to be a catch up day.
I did shopping. Frank repaired a vent hood problem. We found internet access at a Motel 6. They didn’t even charge. I just sat in the lobby and did my thing. Finally got caught up on the blog. We left for Banff around 3:30.
The road to Calgary was vast ranch land. (This is considered Cowboy country). The description that comes to me as we traveled over the landscape of the West is expansive: rolling hills for as far as the eye can see. The road is visible miles away like a white ribbon laid on the surface of the land. Here and there blue lakes are nestled in between the hills. The Rocky Mountains. are visible in the background. The sky is blue with floating white clouds . It really is a peaceful scene.
Then we hit Calgary: lots of people and traffic. We went through right at rush hour which made for some stressful driving (Frank was the lucky one). Ginny also got confused, but we made it. We stopped at a Provincial campground at Bow Valley about 30 miles east of Banff. Since it was late in the evening we thought it better to wait for a fresh start in the morning. That was a good decision. Frank went for a walk at the campsite and got lost, but he did find his way back (he forgot his portable GPS). We might not have made it to Banff!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 98; dbt: 0.0934s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb