Geoose and Big Al Head North


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska
May 25th 2007
Published: November 30th -0001
Edit Blog Post

Geoose & Big AlGeoose & Big AlGeoose & Big Al

An other trip, another day! Pheasant hunting in North Dakota

TRAVELERS -Geoose (Wayne) and Big Al (Al) are long time friends who served their Country together, in the US Army. It was the late 60's and they were fortunate enough to not be sent across the big pond to SE Asia. After being stationed at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington DC for most of their tour, they both were honorably discharged in 1969 and sent into the world of civilians. Geoose settled in Wisconsin and Big Al in Illinois where they still reside. After many years, almost 40, of hunting and fishing trips together a suggestion of a road trip to Alaska was made. Both thought it would be a great trip. Karen and Maria will miss their wilderness travelers, but with modern technology, including this blog, they will know where their guys are and how they are surviving.

PLAN - Leave Baraboo, WI on July 14th and return about a month later. Mode of travel will be in a 1984 F250 diesel powered Ford pickup with slide in camper. Will travel through Minnesota and into North Dakota, then across the Prairie Provinces to Edmonton, Alberta. Drive the Alcan and hope to end up in Fairbanks, Alaska by July 23rd. The only schedule that must be met is a ferry reservation on the Alaska Marine Highway at Haines on August 6th. Many days of sightseeing, fishing and relaxing will be anticipated. You can hear all about it by checking this blog frequently during our travels.


Advertisement



25th May 2007

Bums........
Hey geoose, let me know if you need help mowing while your gone. I'll need a new lawn mower to do this of course............EG
25th May 2007

Nothing but Trouble..........
You sound like a rough crew I will stay out of your way when you come through town.

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb