Palmer


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Palmer
July 13th 2017
Published: July 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Mountain View RV ParkMountain View RV ParkMountain View RV Park

These are the mountains that you see from your campsite. This is why the RV park gets it name. It is a gorgeous view.
Arrived here in Palmer on Thursday after leaving Cantwell. It was an easy drive. We stopped in Houston, Alaska that is, for a burger and an ice cream at a little mom and pop shop. It was all yummy. We are staying at the Mountain View RV Park. It is one of the nicest places because it is NOT a gravel parking lot! It is actually a big grassy field. Now I know most of you are probably thinking the same thing I did. That there would be an infestation of mosquitos and bugs. But let me tell you, there hasn't been a one! We have been able to sit outside, when it isn't raining, and enjoy the nice grass! You know who, Miss Karlie, really likes it! They are super pet friendly and don't yell at you to keep your dog on a leash. I think Karlie would stay here forever.

Last night we had a gentleman over for dinner, Philip, who we met here in the park. He is Chickasaw Indian and from Bozeman, Montana. He is such an interesting guy who has lived an amazing life in his 79 years. He has written a book that is going through the publishing stages about growing up as a Native American in the early 50's. He sold everything he had when he was 65, gave some money to his 2 sons, bought a Harley Davidson and hit the road. He has traveled extensively and picked up odd jobs here and there as he needed or wanted. He traded in his Harley 2 years ago and bought a tiny trailer (I have a picture) he and his 8 month old Australian Shepherd Culprit, travel in now. Karlie and Culprit became fast buddies. He goes wherever the "wind tells him". We really enjoyed talking with him and getting to know him. We wish him the best in his travels wherever he goes.

Sunday we went into Anchorage. It is a nice big town. We went down to the harbor area and then found a Bass Pro Shop and did a little shopping before heading back to camp. We will be heading out tomorrow. Think we will stay in Glennallen before heading into Valdez in Tuesday. ?


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Philip and Culprit's home.Philip and Culprit's home.
Philip and Culprit's home.

The tiny trailer I was telling you about. He travels all around living in this little trailer with his dog. Simple and happy.


Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb