We have arrived!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Fairbanks
August 26th 2011
Published: August 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Just letting everybody know that we have arrived in Fairbanks Alaska. The four of us have been together for about 3 hours, and we have already had several differences of opinions. We are still laughing though! The time change is 4 hours, and right now it is 9:00, and it is like it is the middle of the day. We are hitting the wall, and are going to bed because we feel like it is 1:00 in the morning.

We are off to the Arctic Circle tomorrow, and we thought we could bring one of our duffle bags, about 30 pounds... Not so much, we were told 10 pounds per person! Are you kidding me? For 3 days and winter gear... This is going to be a trick.

Oh by the way, John needs a hearing aide. I told him every time that he says WHAT, he has to give me 25 cents.

We are not sure if we will have service for the iPad, so you may not hear from us until Monday night.

Everybody stay safe through the hurricane. The people here are even talking about it.

What a gorgeous day here. 75 and beautiful.

TTYL,
Cathy... Speaking for the Robermonts

Advertisement



1st September 2011

Hi!
I'm loving your Blog! Sounds beautiful - but I could never rough it like that. I was dying after 2 days of no electricity and internet thanks to hurricane Irene's storm.

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb