North of 70!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Denali
August 2nd 2010
Published: August 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone,

Well we made it to Prudhoe bay! it was a 238km ride north from our campground at Galbraith and wrist slittingly boring on that stretch of road. Deadhorse/Prudhoe looks like it belongs on the moon by the way and the wind blows dust devils through the area something fierce if you're on a bike. Anyway, after a $15 lunch at the Prudhoe Bay hotel we headed south and camped at Coldfoot for the night. At last we got to have a warm shower and bathrooms again! We slept like logs too after the mammoth day (630kms of dirt mixed with pavement) and headed south toward Fairbanks. My concern was the ever growing "ticking" noise that is now coming from the left hand cylinder of my bike (I think it's excessive endplay in the inlet push rod0 so I made the snap decision to get the bike to Anchorage BMW (the closest dealer) for Monday/Tuesday. Maybe it will be covered by warranty? This meant that I had to say goodbye to Adam today at fairbanks. He's been a rock all the way through this and I am so heartfeltedly sorry to have to part company with him so early......Adam you're a star buddy, safe trip home!
In the meantime i sit in the dirt on a gas station forecourt in Nenana Alaska typing this Blog before heading about 100kms down the road for a campsite!
More news tomorrow folks (i hope).

Regards

Nevil


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



2nd August 2010

Congrats!
Well done. Shame you didn't do it on a DR650.

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.1105s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb