Denali National Park


Advertisement
Published: June 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Friday

After a quick to-go breakfast, blue berry pancakes, we hoped on our coach to Denali. We saw a moose on the way so there as much hollering from our fellow passengers!! The Denali complex is like an upmarket Butlins, but with the bonus that Denali National park is a short shuttle ride away. After a pretty good huckleberry ice cream, we got ourselves to the national park and took in a 2 hours trek, described as moderate but which was pretty steep and strenuous on my hike scale!! Apart from the stunning scenery, which we're getting blasé about, we saw a beaver and its dammed lodge and some Alaskan ground squirrels!! We ate at the lively Salmon Bake in the evening, lovely lively atmosphere, although we didn't wait for the live band who were starting at 11pm!!

Sat

We grabbed a breakfast roll and then jumped on a coach for our 5 hours Denali National Park trip. It was warm and so we were warned it would be dusty and the wildlife would be hiding in the shade!! Well it was sure dusty, and most of it penetrated our antiquated coach, that the Park Service use!! Near the end our luck with wildlife changed and we saw Dall sheep, caribou, snow feet hares, and, ......... a grizzly bear!! We saw the bear near a ranger station and it caused quite a stir when our driver told them. They blocked off the road, and it pottered down to the river for a drink!! After we got back we indulged ourselves with banana cake and coffee. We went back to the park late afternoon and did another 90 minutes trek. We then collapsed onto our bed shattered. We're booked into a Serbian restaurant tonight, should be different!!

The photos are from the rear of the complex

Advertisement



Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb