October 2 - Anchorage


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Anchorage
October 2nd 2011
Published: November 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This was our last solid full day in Alaska for our Honeymoon trip. That was a bittersweet feeling as was evident on how we were not launched from a cannon when getting out of bed. We were clearly exhausted from nearly 2400 miles of touring and exploring Alaska. After breakfast and getting ready, we decided to explore Anchorage. We wanted to walk on a glacier and were told in Seward that Anchorage may still have seasonal availability. We decided since we walked to Exit Glacier in Seward and saw it pretty close so that was good enough.
We decided to go to the area of the Anchorage Airport to explore the Anchorage Aviation Museum. We saw some video and explored the exhibits. It again was visual overload. We enjoyed the museum fully, but got to a point in the early afternoon we realized it was time for lunch. We went to the Peanut Farm (recommended by the Concierge previously) to get some food and watch some NFL football. It must have been the place to be during NFL Football in Anchorage because it was busy and loud with cheering fans of all teams. We had lunch and I watched the Dolphins crash and burn while Danielle enjoyed a Giants victory.
Upon leaving, we wanted to see Earthquake Park. We drove over there and the weather was cold and rainy so we did not want to get out of the truck. We did, however, have a bonus of a very large moose who was feeding on berries from a tree. We stopped and gawked and took some photos. We then adjourned to the hotel as our energy levels were low and the weather was not conducive to further exploration. After resting, we decided to see what the Hotel Bar/Restaurant had to offer. We both decided that warm soup and salad would complete the evening nicely. After, we adjourned to the room to crunch data and numbers for the trip.


Advertisement



2nd March 2012

I enjoyed reading your blog
I was looking for information about Alaska on this blog to my blog and I really enjoy with your comments. Congratulations!
5th June 2012

Thank you for the nice comment and the congradts!!!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 5; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1006.1kb