Fun & Frolic at Red Bay


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama
August 15th 2012
Published: August 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Another day of excitment here on Runway Alley in Red Bay, Alabama. Cory checked in with "Billy" again to review our status. We are "on the list" and they will be working on our various problems over the next few weeks. May start on "something" next week -- final project will be our back end cap. Still no definite time schedule so we can only sit back, relax and wait. Cory checked out the various works areas: where they remove your entire slideout, where they repair the "wet bays", where they replace the roof rails, etc. So much to see and do here!! Our friends from Tropical Palms are leaving today but our Allegro Club friends will be here awhile. They have a nice lounge where everyone gathers to share their problems and stories. It's very cathartic. You think it can't get any worse until you hear from someone else....I should be writing all these situations into a book. It seems like everyone has a dog...they are all so cute. My heart aches for dear Chip.

We hosted Happy Hour for our friends before going out to dinner last night. We should have just stayed here. We traveled 15 miles in three directions (getting lost, closed diner, GPS took us to just woods and bushes) before ending up at Rita's Restaurant in Belmont, Mississippi. This place was a step up from Swamp's....it had no artistic murals on its silver corregated metal walls. Instead, it had a photograph of George Jones, the country singer, who had eaten there?

Just back from Swamp's (first name basis) -- they know us now...3 visits in 5 days...we are "regulars". I have had catfish each visit. I think I have little tenacles sprouting around my mouth. For even more thrills, we went back to the Tiffin Paint Shops....I know you are just wishing you could be with us.

I was wrong with my dates in the last blog. TOMORROW is the big doings in Memphis in honor of Elvis. We are leaving in the morning and will return the next day after spending the night in Tunica. Hopefully, I can get some good pic's of the Elvis happenings.

Today's tidbit of information I shall share with you is "Where did Red Bay" get it's name....no water around here except for the occasional swamp. It comes from the BAY tree and the RED clay soil. I just knew you were asking this question.

By the next blog, we shall be "All Shook Up" from our trip to Memphis!

Advertisement



16th August 2012

frolic at red bay
Hi guys Have fun in Memphis and Tunica. Win lots of money at the casinos, You will see alot of cotton fields in Tunica, Is Joe there to get his rv fixed to? I thought he sold his, Tell them we said hi! Have fun!! Sounds like you are having a blast!
16th August 2012

ELVIS.
WHEN IN MEMPHIS, SANDY, YOU MIGHT COME HOME WITH A OLD DOG, A HOUND DOG THAT IS. SO KEEP YOUR EYES ON CORY !!!!!
16th August 2012

enjoy Momphis!
We were there for New Year's Eve several years ago....the town really did it up right! We are packng for our trip..leaving in the morning. We will be out of internet range for the next couple of weeks, so I am looking forward to ALL your stories when we get back! Enjoy!!
17th August 2012

Happy Travels
It's been great hearing from you, Jo. We will be thinking of you on your fantastic trip....and oh,so envious. You will be seeing the real wild animals while we just sit here and look at Swamp John's murals.
16th August 2012

Fun at Red Bay
It sounds like you guys are still having fun sitting in Red Bay Alabama or at least you are still maintaining a great sense of humor!! Memphis will be fun and of course Tunica will give you a great time. Wish we were there to enjoy it with you. I enjoy your blogs every day I read them to Walt and we have a good laugh. Take care and enjoy your time on the road.
17th August 2012

Ha ha
Lovin ' the blog. Did not read in order, makes things even funnier. Enjoy Elvis doings!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb