Birmingham Highest Death Rate After New Orleans Apparently!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama » Birmingham
January 9th 2008
Published: January 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

BirminghamBirminghamBirmingham

Birmingham
So i woke up three times this morning, firstly at 7.30 am and then 8.20 am and finally i got up completely at 9.30am and i then set about washing some of my stuff and showering and shaving and trying to make myself half normal.

i then jumped on to the net and checked my email etc and later on Terry got up (Jessica had already left for the day earlier), so terry is from Jordan although he has a full on American accent and so you wouldn't think he had only been here since 2005. He originally moved here with his mum and dad and two brothers, him and his brothers stayed and his parents decided to go to Dubai as they prefered life in the middle east. Terry's name is Tareq but he just goes by Terry.

So Terry eventually got up and we added each other on facebook and chatted and had a cup of tea etc and then we walked to the local retail park and got some breakfast provisions and chatted about stuff like why im doing my trip and he was talking about his girlfriend and how some American college girls can be
BirminghamBirminghamBirmingham

Birmingham
so much hard work to date....lol.

So i had mixed fruit and a chocolate muffin for breakfast and then around lunchtime Crystal was out of her college/University class and she came over and picked us up and then she dropped Terry off as he had classes and me and crystal went to eat at the campus canteen. While at the canteen we met Crystals former housemate Alina (she is from Lithuania) and Alina's friend from Nashville, we chatted and then Crystal had a call to deal with due to CS (couchsurfing) she is a country ambassador and an admin so she has to deal with various issues.

After lunch Alina and her friend headed off to class and Crystal showed me round the campus gym which has a massive pool, running track, lots of gym suites and tennis and basketball courts and a rock climbing wall etc, it pretty much has it all and Crystal has not really used it ever....dohhh!

After that we headed to the building were Crystals next class is at and went into one of the computer rooms to do some internet surfing and then the choice after that was to sit in
BirminghamBirminghamBirmingham

Birmingham
Crystals class or go hang out with Patrick.

Stupidly i chose to join her class and sat through the most boring two hour class in history and Crystal owes me big time....lol, we then headed to the canteen and we met Sam one of Crystals friends and had dinner and then Crystal took me to a bar called Dave's and we played darts and i lost both games and then Crystal dropped me off at Chilis were Patrick and his friend jimmy were eating.

I chatted with Patrick and Jimmy for a while about my trip and then Patrick dropped Jimmy off and took me back to his place, as Patrick was hosting me. Patrick has a nice compact apartment close to a golf course and the other side of the city from Terry and Crystal.

me and Patrick chatted for a while about my trip so far and politics and religion and the usual stuff and then he went to sleep and i lay on the couch for slumber, a nice 7 an a half hour ride to New Orleans tomorrow.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

BirminghamBirmingham
Birmingham

Birmingham
BirminghamBirmingham
Birmingham

Birmingham


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb