Any Puerto in a Stormo


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
July 21st 2005
Published: July 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Crikey Dearest Readers...2 in 2 days, but it may be a while before the next...Still in Puerto Escondido, a lovely little puerto that is starting to feel the encroachment of 'civilisation' but has been a surfers hangout for yonks...there is some debate between me and the others about the exact role of surfers in opening up the new world...altho' they believe Chris columbus got to the states on a paddle board, Cortes made it to Mexico with a flotilla of longboards and Cap'n Cook, after a tow-in from Tahiti, managed to wind-board it into Bot Bay on a Southerly swell.....my theory has it that the travellers opened up the way but many of them were surfers or passed on the goss so future generations then followed with their boards...and bad habits...oops...
Its after 8am and I've checked the beach...Ted's on the job catching the earlybird surfers...mainly the boogy boarders getting rides...I'm settling for a plate of fresh fruits, local honey...along the roads from time to time were 30 or so hives, right on the roadside, don't know if they move them around or if its just for convenience of harvest, but its great with fruit and a couple of pancakes almost of the Benny's Buckwheat Specials quality....
You gotta get out early to get some of the coolth before the day gets underway....will be 35 or so soon and the downside of being beachside at the seaside is no air movement...the land rises quite sharply from the beach up into the hills and even halfway up, where the massage chica is...and it was fantastic...not the classic happy ending but a real, qualified, reflexologist from Argentina, knew where all the aarrgghh tender bits were, elbows, hands, feet and god knows what else to pummel the shit out my battered body....I think I've transmogrified elbow to back as she kept hitting on part of my spine that was definitely funny bone material and had me chuckling away before the next torture point....felt great after tho', anyway, at her place already air movement and quite a breeze by the top of the hill (of content)
Had some yummy prawns last night, marinated in garlic and lemon, still in their shell but butter-flied and slung on the gorilla...didn't quite leave them on long enough for you to eat the whole thing...like in asian style, ...I'm going to check with the chef and see if they could try it...and a fantastic chilli mayo dipping sauce...asked the waitress about it she checked with the chef and told me its a commercial brand, you can get it at the store!!!...MORITA brand name...yet to check availability...maybe something to play around with David?
Lots of fish dishes..whole fish, slashed sides, cooked whole....sorta overdone but great to gnaw away on...Salsas are the key to everything...fresh is best and variety includes every poss ingredo..
Query for the day:
You know theres no letter 'v' effectively its always pronounced 'b' so why not just substitute b for v ? and how do you describe something as v shaped?
PS for the animals one...lizards..little iguanas everywhere, nearly all small but I did have to dodge one big mother on the road that would have sent me down the road...and crabs..out of Puerto Vallarta in the hills , lots of small red crabs dicing with death to make it down for a swim or back to the jungle...some evolutionary cock-up you'd think...not as thick as those doccos from Hawaii where cars slide off the road on a carpet of crabmeat, but enough to be interesting...and some brave little fcukers crouch back and stick up the pincers as I zoom towards them, latching on to the knobbies, thrashed around and around against the mudgauard, hurled off into the bush...whoooa, every crabs worst nightmere I reckon ...most of them take the quick way and bail for the side of the road...seems macho ain't the secret to Darwinian evo.
And dogs...perros...some really sleek, fit and healthy dogs around here, most places have their own dogs and they're pretty well looked after...then theres the rest..strays with all sorts of ...oh shit, I can't even tell you...and all along the road at probably one per 10 kms a flat one on the side of the road...curse curs and cars = carcases..
Well, starting to warm up now, time to hit the beach or the pool...its 'la alberca' bit of a clumsyily ugly name , like crying ruuuth or something...for something as serene as the lovely pool in our hotel.....ok, now get back to work you slackers...Vaya con Huevos
Bill


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb