Ticul - Didn´t tickle our fancy


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Yucatán » Uxmal
June 12th 2011
Published: June 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

There is always at least one experience on any trip where you think why did I make that decision.

Unfortunately Ticul was one of them. My decision to try something different and visit the small town of Ticul was not the best holiday choice. Trip advisor is not always your friend and the Posada el jardin with it's beautiful looking pool on the internet was no paradise and once we got over the fact that there would be no swimming in the slimey pool we headed to the local supermarket and drank our cold beers beside it instead while listening to the pack of dogs next door fight over the bitch on heat. So peaceful - not. But we did laugh and we walked around the local plaza in the cool of the evening, had a nice dinner, embarrased myself by trying to buy more beer where they had to explain to me that they did not sell it after 5pm, seriously what is this town!

This entry is short and sweet because really that is all there is to say on that subject, best to move on.

Vacated quickly the next morning and headed to the gorgeous town of Campeche with it's forts for Dan to search for his pirate sighting.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb