Last day with the tour before going on our own


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Yucatán » Tixkokob
August 18th 2023
Published: August 22nd 2023
Edit Blog Post

It was an early start the last full day of the G Adventures tour as we were going on a trip to Sian Ka’an. Sian Ka’an is supposed to be home to two thousand species of flora and fauna and has now become a biosphere reserve and it remains the largest protected area in the Mexican Caribbean.

You take a boat for 6 through a couple of lakes to the canal and then float down the canal with your life jacket looking like a nappy - weird I know but do you know what it was so relaxing and as we were the first ones of the day it was brilliant even though we had to get up at 5am, which is not good, but do you know when you get up early you miss the crowds so of course it was worth it in the end.

We then decided to take it easy for the day and went to visit the Frida Kahlo museum in Playa del Carman which if totally honest if you knew about Frida’s life was not the best but as Mike knew nothing he found the museum very interesting. I was disappointed still as did not get to see Frida Khalo‘s work in Mexico City as it was fully booked - if only the tour company would have mentioned you need to book this up front and not offer as a optional excursion - which they cannot keep that promise as it books up weeks in advance.

We then met up with everyone for the last meal before we all went our separate ways the next day, some leaving early, some staying on in the hotel for another couple of days and some like us moving hotels. I would say it has been great meeting like minded people of all ages on the tour and will be looking at doing the one in Central America.

It will be really different leaving everyone behind as we have another few days before heading home but it will be nice also to have a bit of luxury, well let’s hope that is the case.

So this will be my last blog in Mexico as I am sure you will not be interested in a blog from an all inclusive hotel - not sure this is our bag to be honest but do you know what until you. try different types of holidays you never know!

Now I have one further picture that I had to put on my blog. It is this really lovely and friendly lady but wow I have never seen a bum like this before in real life - okay we see the Kardashian’s on TV but in real life it was amazing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb