Wanderings


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Yucatán » Merida
November 11th 2010
Published: November 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We've begun our search for a suitable winter habitation after spending many hours online looking at listings. For our first visit, we asked an agent to take us to a neighborhood near the rail yard. The home is owned by a Greek Orthodox priest who I liked immediately. The house is solid, and the yard is lush, but ultimately we decided the place was probably not for us, (although we haven't crossed it off completely).


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The homeThe home
The home

Seen from across the street.
The kitchenThe kitchen
The kitchen

That's Mary and our friend, Douglas, with whom we are staying. He came along for the ride.
The yardThe yard
The yard

Nicely shaded. Ample. Fruit trees, with room to garden.
"In-law quarters""In-law quarters"
"In-law quarters"

Don't worry, Moms. It's only what they call it. This is where he stores his lawn mower.
Empty poolEmpty pool
Empty pool

The nicest feature of the house is the patio, under the two arches, which I neglected to snap. (It can be seen at TierraYucatan's website.)


9th November 2011

househunters irrational
I spotted this Casa also. It appeared on several sites varying from $164k to $97k. It seems to have disappeared, maybe sold. Maybe all of us gringos could rent a soccer stadium and have a meetfest about house hunting/ alternate dream existences in Merida some day. Funny how this place grabs the imagination of so many of our generation. Did you ever buy a place? I'm cuirious why people choose one casa and neighborhood over others. Love hearing options of others, likes/dislikes, general observations . We'll be back in Feb renting and looking. I first visited 37 years ago (preCancun). Never forgot Merida. Thanks for your blog. Helps me dream.

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb