Museo de Antropologia e historia


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Yucatán » Merida
May 23rd 2010
Published: May 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 23.5.2010 day 221
Museo de Antropologia e historia
Today we tyred to find the Moto GP or f1 or both on TV but we could not find ether so we missed both races. We went to the Museo de Antropologia e historia (anthropology museum) it was full of Mayan artifices many that has been taken from the nearby archaeological sites around here such as Chichen Itza that we went to the other day and Uxmal that we will be going to in a few days. Some was also from Coba that we will see in the next few weeks. We got a Mayan cook book there Lots of the streets today were closed off for bike use only. We went out to do our shopping at night and there were lots of street stalls and performers everywhere. We love the culture here. Mayan culture is still very much alive here they have their own food, dress and language. The see then self’s more as Mayan then Mexican. Today we were stopped by someone wanting us to go to one of the show tonight. They told us they were Mayan not a bandit and they were happy to here we were Australians not Gringos the do not like Americans here and they call then Gringos.



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb