On Our way to Villahermosa


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Tabasco » Villahermosa
January 30th 2017
Published: January 31st 2017
Edit Blog Post

And I will say we are so glad to make it, by far the worst roads we have ever encountered in Mexico. Cuota roads, pot holes as deep as craters, washouts and plainly no maintenance in a long time. End result 1 trailer with a broken spring, 2 units with lights shaken apart our rod in the close closet jumped off and bent like an accordian it remains to be found any more damage. Leaving Catemeco we left early as no one had ever taken the MEX 180 that far down before thus we had no clue what we were going to find. We started off on a scenic libre road passing through many small towns and lots of topes. Changed to MEX 185, then MEX 145 then to Veracruz quota 180 when we reached our first toll 96 pesos. The road turned to Crap then everything else started falling apart. We crossed a beautiful bridge at Antonia Devali. Second toll 34 pesos. Crossed the state line from Veracruz to tabasco. Third toll 115. Road finally improved 100 kms from Villa hermosa. Need less to say are we ever glad to be here in one piece.

After a good night sleep in a monsoon we woke to clear skies, fire ants all over and no where to walk it was all flooded. We jumped in a taxi and went to the museum. Now that was worth every bit , history animals and a jungle. There were monuments uncovered in La enta during the consruction of a Pemmex station some years ago. Everything was uncovered and brought to create this outdoor museum. The Alnacs where an in bred society with many birth defects from the cause They believed at that time that people with birth defects were from heaven. They were superior and there fore war shipped, They sacraficed children and gave them back to god. This assumption is from years of studies of findings it is not conclusive. Human nature or the nature of all living animals is to protect there young, Can it be religious beliefs interfering. But it is a site to see from so many yearsWe packed up and decided to get to Isla Aguado a day earlier than originally planned. It was a beautiful trip with only 3 tolls 126, 151 and 172 Pesos .Now on the water front with a sandy beach and nice sun we are all Happy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 65, Displayed: 23


Advertisement


arriving at Gordo y San Panchoarriving at Gordo y San Pancho
arriving at Gordo y San Pancho

we were greeted by the locals


Tot: 0.384s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1093s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb