RVing in Mexico with Raymondo and Marsia - 2013


Advertisement
North America » Mexico » Sinaloa » Mazatlan
April 6th 2013
Published: April 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We had planned to spend Semana Santa (Holy Week) at Hacienda Contreras in Mexico's interior because for the five years we have been wintering in Mexico we have been warned that the beaches would be swarmed by unruly Mexicans and that our lives would be endangered if we were anywhere near popular Mexican vacation destinations. But Ray had an episode at Hacienda Contreras that we thought warrant... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Most of our biker neighbors camped in tents.  A few had motorhomes.  Most of our biker neighbors camped in tents.  A few had motorhomes.
Most of our biker neighbors camped in tents. A few had motorhomes.

We are very glad to see Mexico's emerging middle class beginning to enjoy recreational opportunities that we Americans take for granted.
These two little guys were cute but otherwise Saturday's motorcycle parade was disappointing because for some reason most Harley owners failed to participate.These two little guys were cute but otherwise Saturday's motorcycle parade was disappointing because for some reason most Harley owners failed to participate.
These two little guys were cute but otherwise Saturday's motorcycle parade was disappointing because for some reason most Harley owners failed to participate.

We spectators were left standing along the malecon watching an endless steam of off the shelf ATVs and lame motorcycles pass.
Church in El Quelite.  Church in El Quelite.
Church in El Quelite.

Because the small church yard is fenced, we couldn't back up enough to photograph the whole church.
The whole village of El Quelite looks like everybody's storybook image of a peaceful Mexican village.The whole village of El Quelite looks like everybody's storybook image of a peaceful Mexican village.
The whole village of El Quelite looks like everybody's storybook image of a peaceful Mexican village.

In fact, this serene village could very well have served as a model for Disney's Epcot Mexican village.
Ray sitting at the small table we chose in the middle dining room.Ray sitting at the small table we chose in the middle dining room.
Ray sitting at the small table we chose in the middle dining room.

Most tables were set for large groups. Restaurant dining in Mexico is another custom that is hard to get used to. One chooses their own table and seats themselves. Obviously, the staff is trained to watch for new guests as service is always prompt.
This is one of the two outdoor dining areas.This is one of the two outdoor dining areas.
This is one of the two outdoor dining areas.

Both were mostly packed with motorcyclists from Moto Week in Mazatlan.



8th April 2013

Semana Santa
Nothing like the roar of the surf and the roar of motorcycles all at the same time!
9th April 2013

You know it.
9th April 2013

You know it
9th April 2013

Great photos! It looks like you had a marvellous time in Mazatlan. Next time you have to come join us on Stone Island/Isla de la Piedra at Tres Amigos RV Park. See you in San Carlos.
9th April 2013

We do love Mar Rosa and have become very attached to Maleno and Juan - and all the excellent nearby restaurants - but we do hope to spend a week or so on Isla de la Piedra next winter. You guys do have an awesome beach. Thanks for the invite. Keep in touch. Marcia

Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0654s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb