im on a boat!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo
July 1st 2009
Published: July 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

ahhhh hello friends! so last time i wrote i think i was staying at myfriends resortjustforaweek and then wasplanning on going to belizeto travel more....i guess i have to hit the space bar harder, sorry. bbbuuuuuuttttt now i am still staying at the resort, managing it! josh has left today for 1 month to go home to washington. so i am staying to help francisca and vinancio run the resport and talk to the guests since neither of them speak english. so now im in tulum(i drove here!!!) josh taught me how to drive stick and i cruise in a rickity old mexican blue pickup truck. its soooo sweet! i stalled a bunch in the first stoplight intersection and just sreeched threw when the light turned red. so ive parked the car in an easy to start place and then i will just cruise on back home to the reserve. josh and his brother and jenn and rebecca were all there with me for moral support.
so ive been keeping busy at the resort, taking tourists out snorkeling, painting drift wood, making jewelry, drinking coconuts,painting sea shells, painting picnic tables, paintingmorepainting. i finallyput the paint away in the bodega today so ill give myself a painting break. joshs brother and his friend jenn cameto visit for a fewdayssowe had a lot of fun with them.
the brothers went kayaksnorkelspearfishing (yes one word) and unexpektedly returned with a big barracuda, a tinny snapper, AND 2 lobsters! we feasted that afternoon! we went out the day before and went deep sea fish with the next door neighbor Manuel and they caught 2 massive barracudas and we had lobster/fish ceviche when we got back to land. eatinglots of fresh seafood here!
i took jenn and rebecca(a resort guest) hitchhiking in to town one day and we ended up in a beautiful tranquil cenote in the jungle. the water was sooooo clearand cooland fresh, they call it agua dulce here. we snorkeled around the open cenote, there were alotmore fish than when i went diving in a the cave cenote probably because this one was open and sun got to it so there was more algae for the fish to eat. we then went for a walk into the jungledown alittle trail that over looked another cenote full of marshy mangroves. we saw tons ofbirds too dad!!! a turqoise browed motmot, which was sooooo pretty. and a bunch of other yellow bird that was some type of flycatcher and another that i couldnt find in the book. we came across jaguar scratches on a tree, some very fallen old ruins that had sea shells on the top of them. i left a pile of shells for the next explorers to find.
so now im off to run erands...i already got the router fixed and now i have to go buy veggies and salsas and then drive the truck backhome!!! we have 2 guests getting in tonight! this is a cliff hanger maybe for you....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb