Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Playa del Carmen
February 28th 2015
Published: March 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Lots of rain this morning. Breakfast, then up to the roof to read our books under the covered area. Very fresh this morning with the rain. Unfortunately, even when the rain stopped, the hammocks were still wet. Poor Bob!

Long walk today down south past the main pier, then inland a bit. Hit an area of very elite shops, then walked by Xaman-Ha, a park area with twisted mangrove trees, tropical plants, and archaeological ruins. Paths through this area led us to the beach. Walked the white sand beach for a long distance. Then back inland and back up north along the main road through an area called Condominio Playacar. Beautifully landscaped hacienda-style rental properties here. Gorgeous tropical plants in several shades of green and red. Back at the hotel, the pedometer read 4.6 miles.

At lunchtime we went to Las Quekas, just a block from the hostel. Two quesadillas and two pops for $3.50! The menu and decor were the same as the Las Quekas in Tulum, so it must be a chain.

We decided we wanted a good seafood dinner, so we splurged (for us!) on our last evening in Cancun. Ended up at La Pesca Maya on Avenue 30 & 16, across from the Mega. Very good garlic fish and shrimp. Had another good walk and enjoyed the evening lights. Pedometer read 6.3 miles at the end of the day.

Tomorrow we leave for Cancun for our last three nights in Mexico. The time has gone by very quickly. Bob has been checking the weather back home and has been laughing because it is so cold there and so nice here. Then he saw it will be below zero when we get home on Wednesday, and he wasn't laughing anymore.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



2nd March 2015

Still in vacation mode
Hoping that you can savor your last few days in the tropics. The trip has been an ambitious one with lots of exercise and local color. It's so fun to be able to follow along on a detailed daily basis. Enjoy the last swings in the hammock, Bob, and those easy on the pocket dinner prices! The deer and squirrels are awaiting you in Minnetonka. Gail and Richard
2nd March 2015

Thanks!
Hard to believe we will be home on Wednesday! Our time has gone by very quickly.

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb