Al & Lara swimming with whale sharks!


Advertisement
Published: July 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Whale shark swim 7/9/12 51 secs
This video was captured by the guide today on Al and Lara's dive. And YES this is Lara and her dad swimming with whale sharks. They volunteered to be the first in the water. (Keep in mind there are hundreds of boats nearby with tourists waiting to be the first in the water!) Lara who just turned 13 and was ready, willing and excited to be swimming next to these beautiful creatures. This is as safe as swimming with dolphins despite the whale sharks size. We are always on the ball with our children's safety and this had no risk attached to it at all. (Read further blogs to see our comments)

To say we are impressed with Lara is an understatement. She kept up with swimming with her dad who is a seasoned swimmer but also with the whale sharks and had to put up with a very rough ride out to sea. She was a trooper; we did prepare her with all the info we had been given and had studied up on about the tour but you never know how someone will react till they are faced with a challenge. (They had 4 dives but we have posted only small increments of two dives.)

Please let us know if you can see this video clip! Quite exciting! (PS Poor Al was so tired on the van ride back he forget this CD in the van. Being the fabulous people the guided tour is, they turned the van around and returned it to us! GRACIAS!)

Will post some pics soon!

Advertisement



11th July 2012

swimming with whale sharks
well I am impressed with Lara and Al. I don't think I would be brave enough to get in the water with such huge creatures.
11th July 2012

Whale shark
Yes I agree Pat; Lara was brave and Al was thrilled beyond measure. Maybe one day we'll see grandpa (Ray) come along for one of those swims??? (nachos served afterwards!)

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb