Day 10 - Playa del Carmen


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Playa del Carmen
February 2nd 2012
Published: February 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Enjoyed a good sleep in this morning after waking up and hearing what we thought was a lot of rain. Neither of us bothered to check, instead we just drifted back off to sleep only to realise that it was a water fountain outside and there was no rain in sight.

Headed down to breakfast and saw our female friend from yesterday who was showing no effects from her drinking session and had another beer in her hand, this was at about 10am. After breakfast we took up a spot poolside and despite there not being a lot of sun, it was still nice and warm and lots of activities happening to keep us entertained. One thing that won't be keeping us entertained is the young, fit, tanned guy who goes around the pool offering people head massages. Lauren turned to me and before she could even say a word, the answer was NO.

With the cloud cover, the sun was extra dangerous and although I am often criticised for getting burnt too often, it was Lauren who came up looking a little bit red. In fact a little red is probably an understatement, so to all of Lauren's friends who say I need to use sunscreen I will pass that message on. Didn't bother going to a restaurant for lunch, we instead ordered room service and watched an episode of CSI, how exciting are we!

After calling my nephew Brodie to wish him well for his first day of school (he wasn't too interested in talking), we went for a walk down fifth avenue which is the main shopping strip. It is basically like what you see in Thailand in that most of the shops are the same trying to sell t-shirts and cheap souvenirs. I'm guessing when we get to the real fifth avenue in New York, things will be a little different.

Apart from that it's been a nice realxing day without too much to report. For the record, currently the score is 5-0 in games of pool. Lauren claims that she plays better when she is drinking, I guess we'll have to wait and see with that one!

Hoping for a bit more sun over the next few days but if it doesn't come, it won't have much of an effect on us as there is plenty to do and the aim is to just relax and enjoy the slower pace. It's still only Wednesday but starting to get excited about heading to New York on Saturday. They seem to be getting a bit of a break in the real freezing cold weather at the moment but that could change any day. It's a different story for London and Paris are they are absolutely freezing at the moment!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb