The Yucatan


Advertisement
Published: May 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The happy reunionThe happy reunionThe happy reunion

First night out in Playa
After having such an amazing experience in Chiapas, we couldn´t help feeling a little disappointed with Playa. Lots of tourists, crappy tex mex food and expensive prices just aren´t our thing. Having said that, we were pretty excited to be here as this was the place we were meeting our mates, Su & Adrian.

We are pleased to report the four of us survived a slightly problematic snorkelling and sailing trip. You think you can´t go wrong sailing and snorkelling in the carribean. Turned out to be a bit of a comedy of errors starting with Francisco (our Mexican amigo) having to paddle the hobiecat with one of our flippers on his hand as there was not a single fart of wind (bowels in perfect motion at this stage of the game!). Once we finally arrived at the reef, poor Kev struggled to snorkel as floods of water kept seeping into his mask due to his bushy moustache. Poor guy, there he was Kev thinking "when in Rome..." and all that. AND then on the return trip when we finally had wind (ie a small hurricane), poor Adrian, still struggling with jet lag, became so sea sick that he felt his only option was to abandon ship and swim to shore.

Overall we enjoyed Playa but we were keen to head to the serenity of Tulum. Ahhh Tulum. Nothing much to report back on. We stayed in the obligatory cabaña on the beach and spent the days lying under coconut trees. Until beer o´clock of course, then we´d move to the beach bar. Life, as you can tell, was damn tough.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Cheeky monkeyCheeky monkey
Cheeky monkey

Adrian finding ingredients for our piña colada
Tulum BeachTulum Beach
Tulum Beach

Paradise
View from the restaurantView from the restaurant
View from the restaurant

I can see the beach from here


16th May 2006

Hola
Hi there cheeky monkeys. Just thought I'd let you know that I have subscribed to your travel blog and I've been getting updates as you add them. Very cool. It was great to see your smiling faces and Adrian up a palm tree first thing this morning as I sit at my grim old desk. Gald you're having a great time, although I am increasingly jealous of you all. Please pass on my love to Su and Aj. Bye for now, Tricia.

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb