The Jungle Palace.


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Chiapas » Palenque
April 24th 2006
Published: May 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The ruins at Palenque were very cool. Situated deep in the jungle, we had to fight off all sorts of crazy animals just to get into the place.... howler monkeys, giant iguanas and lots of unknown jungle beasties that scared the heebie-jeebies out of Kev. Bless him.

The following day was also great - we visited three different waterfalls. The first, Misol Ha (featured in the movie Predator apparently) was huge and we discovered a hidden cave behind the waterfall which we adventured into. Inside there was another secret waterfall and lots of friendly bats.

We sung the Indiana Jones theme tune when running across the rickety foot bridge in Agua Clara. Imagine the River Murray, surrounded by Jungle and banana trees but perhaps not quite so mighty. It was supposed to be a beautiful turquoise colour but I think we got it on an off day.

We thought Agua Azul was particularly beautiful - the various waterfalls became more and more spectacular as we wondered upstream looking for a secluded part to swim. And then we discovered a rope swing which Kev bravely commandeered from the local 6 year old. Hours of fun and games.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Agua ClaraAgua Clara
Agua Clara

so artistic
TarzanTarzan
Tarzan

AAAAHAHAHAH


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.076s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.1mb