Back to Playa del Carmen, Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Playa del Carmen
November 20th 2008
Published: December 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

An early flight on TACA took us back to Cancun and Mexico. Even though the carry-on restriction was supposed to be just as strict, I was able to bring my bottled water onboard. There was an x-ray machine at security but they opted to search by hand instead. The flight was relatively on time by Guatemalan’s standards. Even though the flight was only about 2 hours long, we were given a drink and a sandwich. Ok, the sandwich had a mystery meat with a mystery sauce, but it was still food. Are you listening, Air Canada?

The flight was rather uneventful and another 45-60 min ride took us to Playa del Carmen where we would spend the next 2 days. This place is so much more touristy compared to everywhere else we’ve been but our hotel was only about 3 blocks away from the beach. We went and relaxed a bit at the beach before heading back to go for supper.

We went to Dr. Taco where you can order tacos with non-traditional fillings and there is a variety of toppings to go with them. I had octopus, calamari, and fish tacos but the flavours were drowned out by
FloresFloresFlores

airport
all the other toppings I put on there. We had a champagne celebration for the newly engaged German couple and we even got a speech! Some of us went to the Blue Parrot afterward where there was a lady’s night on Thursday. Lady’s night meant free drinks for the ladies all night! The dance floor was dead when we got there but it quickly picked up. I left shortly after the fire show which was quite entertaining. I was told that after I left a few ladies broke out into sexually provocative dance moves. Damn! :-)



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb